Monday, January 19, 2015

Why we serve

Hi There!


I need to apologize in advance because this is going to be another short one. I just can't remember anything that happened. I think this week it slowly started to sink in. My little sister is going to Spain. I am still in shock. haha at least we will be able to talk about everyone else in Spanish without the rest of you understanding us, although we did get really good at the whole brother-sister telepathy thing, didn't we? Also, I am pretty sure that is where Preston Sharp is serving right now. 

I am super proud that I just remembered a big word like telepathy in English haha

We had a zone conference. The president showed us a presentation based on a book that an apostle (I can't remember who) wrote. he talked about 6 reasons why we serve. The highest was charity. I realized that I am seriously lacking in that department. I learned that its not always about WHAT you do, but WHY you do it, after all, we will be judged for more than just our actions.

Also, Elder Morgan is in Mexicali now, and is a zone leader in the other zone! It was fun to see him again!

I seriously don't know what happened this week. I went to Delta, which is still really far away. We had 3 baptisms in the district this week so that was awesome! We should have 4 more this week. Now I just need to get my OWN sector going! One of the families we met came to church again! And the less active family is doing well! Their son in SO excited to get baptized already!  

Basically we went to a lot of places and nobody received us but that's okay. I am so happy, just really happy!

LOVE YOU all,
Eldr Smalley

No comments:

Post a Comment