Thursday, January 1, 2015

We are loosing a LOT of missionaries

December 15, 2014
Hey there family! 


I have just had a very odd week! It has gone by so fast! I am LOVING my time here so much!



On Tuesday we had our zone conference and our Christmas dinner. After the conference ended we ate and watched the mission slide show.

After that we started the zone skits. Can I just say, ours was the best. WE did Elder Scrooge. Haha it was about a dead missionary (which basically means lazy) who saw his Christmas past, present, and future. My district was in charge of his future. in our scene, we showed him in the airport getting dumped by his girlfriend. It was really funny. Like I said, ours was the best. There was the other zone from Mexicali there, as well as the zone from San Luis Rio Colorado as well.

I did think the idea of San Luis was pretty clever though. They did a skit on what wouldn't have happened if angels that weren't very punctual in the setting of stories from the scriptures. It was pretty funny, even if the scene with Abraham and Isaac was a little graphic hahahaha.

Well every conference they always have the missionaries that are going home this transfer get up and share there testimonies. Well the first generations of 19 year old sisters and 18 year old Elders are starting to go home now so we are loosing a LOT of missionaries this transfer. One thing that I really noticed this time was the difference between the missionaries that had been diligent and obedient, and those that had not. It was striking the difference. That really impacted me. I'm gonna try to not come home being an Elder scrooge. haha.

Well on Wednesday we had a baptism! 10 year old Jesus. I was so impressed with the ward. The ward missionary leader actually filled up the font and took care of the program and everything which is the first time in my whole mission that that has happened. The primary president arranged a special number with all the primary children and that was really cool as well! I am just in shock. I literally had to do nothing, just show up. weird.

Right after Jesus went in the water, I got a call from the zone leaders. They told me that I had to be in the bus station at 630 the next morning because I was going to Tijuana. They played it off like it was a special transfer and I freaked out because I had just barely fallen in love with this ward but then they said that it was only for one day, because I had to go do stuff for my visa.

Well the next morning I went with 3 missionaries from San Luis to Tijuana. I was so happy to be back! I seriously LOVE that city. We got to the mission offices a little bit early so we went to a place called burros and fries and brought it back to the mission offices. While we were eating President Garcia walked out with a paper that had instructions of what to do if we have diarrhea and in English said Just in case. haha I laughed so hard. Our president is so funny! On Friday I did exchanges so I just basically never was in my area this week.

I am super happy because Delta is going to be baptized this week! Also the sister of some recent converts in our area has really started progressing, and is going to get baptized on new years eve! Just loving it here!

I hope that everything is going really well for you and that you have a merry Christmas season!
Elder Smalley

PS. BIG SHOUT-OUT TO MEGAN REMUND I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU AND YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE THESE NEXT 18 MONTHS!!!!

PSS. Also please remember that they changed the package policy and the packages have to be a certain size from now on so please don't get me in trouble! thanks! love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment