Thursday, January 1, 2015

FELIZ ANO NUEVO

December 29, 2014
Hey There!
It was so great to see you all! I was so happy! Its always super hard to hang up when it ends but that's okay. I just realized, 5 more months until the next video call, and then after that 5 more months and then I come home. That is just so sad.


Well this was a really slow week, because nobody was home and if they were home they were busy. On Monday we had a partial p-day, until 2 pm. Tuesday I did exchanges and went to Nacionalista. Wednesday we had to be home at 8:30 pm. Here the 24th is celebrated WAY more than the 25. Actually, most people here think that Christmas IS the 24th. Basically all they do is make food all day and then they party all night long. When I say party all night, I mean all night. Well I love this time of year. Everybody makes all the really good food, like pozole and tamales!!! LOTS of tamales!!!!!! On Wednesday we ate with a hermana who made pozole with pigs feet in it. She asked me if i wanted a foot in my plate. I just couldn't. But guess what I did eat this week-cow heart and pig liver!!! The heart was good. Never eating liver ever again.  

Well Wednesday night we went to go celebrate with Jose and Esmeralda's family. They are brother and sister recent converts. Their parents aren't members, but their sister, Lupita is getting baptized this Saturday!!! They are basically my favorite people ever. I was going to teach them all how to make smores, but 8:30 crept up on us and we had to leave before we did. Darn. Basically on Christmas eve everybody blasts their music so the whole block can hear - but all at the same time. haha. All through the night we just listened to banda playing from all 4 direciones. It was still going at 10:30 am the next morning, when we left our house. haha. 

Well after Christmas eve everybody just reheats leftovers for a week. everywhere we go, people offer us tamales. I AM IN HEAVEN. except the morning of the 26 I got really sick. I was running to the bathroom every ten minutes until about 12 o clock. haha

I am just so happy to see you all. I love you so much! have a happy new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment