Saturday, February 7, 2015

I really have no idea why the Lord blesses us so much

January 26, 2015
Hello!


So I was trying to figure out what to title this post and I realized that in nine months from tomorrow I come home. WHAT! Anyway I just want to point out to Jenn, Shannon, and Mckay that this is your LAST CHANCE to give me more sobrinos before I come home. haha

Oh my goodness this week has flown by so incredibly fast. They say that the first year goes by slow and the 2nd goes by fast. My experience is that the first year went by super fast and I don't even have time to blink for the second one. Seriously. I have been super busy this week. The Hermanas in my district got super sick and can't leave their house and so I have been visiting their investigators as well as visiting my own investigators and trying to find new ones. also we have had very little time this week to proselyte because of all that went on. I had interviews this week. It went really well. We mostly talked about my back haha. Hope Spencer's back is doing better than mine! Take advantage of the US healthcare while you still can haha!

We just have been so blessed it amazes me. We have really found some great new investigators which was much needed. On Wednesday, we went with a family that had been progressing and had gone to church and everything. They told us that they weren't going to get baptized. That just really hurt. I don't know why, I mean, by now I should really be getting used to it, but it just never gets easy. It is so painful to watch people turn away the most valuable thing in the world. BUT, there is an opposition in all things. I have experienced so much joy in finding new people that are humble and ready to learn. I contacted one lady that said that she has been looking for Mormon missionaries for SEVEN YEARS!!! When her husband died a friend told her to listen to them, but that they had never stopped her in the street to talked to her like I had done, and she didn't know that we were Mormons. It amazes me. I really have no idea why the Lord blesses us so much. I feel like there is so much that I am not doing, it overwhelms me to think of the blessings that I could receive if I just work a little bit harder. 

Well on Monday we stopped by a recent convert's house to see if we could find her and we got there just in time to celebrate because the 2nd counselor in the bishopric had just proposed to her! Ha, weird. Anyway someone recorded the whole thing. When we listened to the recording, it was the first time I had heard myself speaking in Spanish. Someone said that I sounded like a chilango, which really isn't a compliment, actually its not considered a compliment at all here, but I was flattered anyway because its better than sounding like a greengo haha.

I am seriously loving teaching this family of the nine year old. It amazes me how much profound doctrine he understands when we read the Libro de Mormon together. It just builds my testimony of what Presidente Ezra Taft Benson said in predicad mi evangelio that even a child can understand the doctrine in the Book of Mormon

El Sabado I had to go to Tijuana for a meeting of all the district leaders. We went up Friday night and spent the night in the house of the assistants. It is so much fun to go back to Tijuana. I LOVE that city! We had a really fun night in the assistants house. This week I also did my fist back tuck in like 14 months. I was so scared. I had no idea where I was in the air and I just barely managed to get my heels on the ground before I fell over backwards on my butt from over rotating. Well at least I can still do it! Doing just one took a lot of effort and my abs are sore. I try not to think about the changes that are happening in my body because when I do, it makes me want to cry. Please still love me even if my fat is hanging over. Oh well the food is really good.

I just heard that Camilo got a calling and is a counselor in the hombres hovenes! that is good to hear!

love you so much! happy birthday Jenn!
ELDER SMALLEY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment