Monday, January 19, 2015

"Patience means waiting for the blessings to come"

January 12, 2015
CONGRATS ERINN, OR SHOULD I SAY HERMANA SMALLEY!!! 
THAT IS SERIOUSLY TOO DARN EXCITING!!! 
YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE IT!!!!

Well that seriously doesn't compare to all the great things that happen to me but haha that's okay. 

Well this week we tried to do a ward missionary activity. We did the activity with the cups, where we built the church of Christ and knocked it down and built it up again, but it didn't have as much success as it did in Casa Blanca because almost nobody brought a potential investigator. Oh well. 

This week I have really tried to be more patient. Sometimes I get discouraged because I feel like I am working hard and not seeing the results that I want in the time that I want it. "Predicad Mi Evangelio" says that patience means waiting for the blessings to come. well I tried to keep working, even though it was hard to find motivation to keep going, and sure enough, the blessings came! 

We found three families on Friday that are all super awesome. We found a husband of a less active member that came to church on his own, and came up to us and said he wanted to get baptized. WHAT? I now. he's not married so it will be a few months but that was pretty cool. Also we are teaching Angelo. He's a nine year old and we are really enjoying teaching him and reactivating his family. they all get super excited to learn I just love it. 

Its been hot this week. On Saturday my body was just ready to collapse because I was so exhausted. We are still the only ones who are not getting sick. I'm seriously running out of time again haha! 

love you all!
Elder Smalley

No comments:

Post a Comment