Monday, February 9, 2015

"say hello to Joe Smith"

Hey Famila!

This week has been super long, and HOT! Its like a very nice Utah July now, which concerns me, because we are in February.

well Sister Mineve Campbell always starts off all her emails with a quote of the week. Well today I would like to start off with one, except its a "cita de la semana". We did exchanges with the lideres de zona and I was with Elder Giles and as we were walking down the street this man stops and looks at Elder Giles dead in the eye and with the angriest face ever he says "say hello to Joe Smith" in ENGLISH, and then just kept walking. the best part was Elder Giles responded "okay". haha I was laughing so hard.

This week Angello got baptismed! It was a show trying to get ropa bautismal again. I have seriously never seen somebody so excited to get baptized. It's been really fun to teach the whole family and help them gain their own testimonies. I have especially enjoyed seeing the unity they have obtained by reading the libro de mormon as a family. I am so grateful for the way the gospel blesses families.

Also we were able to confirm an investigadora that got baptized but never got confirmed. All week I had been thinking about her and we finally found her Saturday night on the street. I was shocked at how easily she accepted to come to church, when we hadn't been able to get her to come in the past. Just a testimony builder that the lord prepares people in his time. 

The district is doing alright. we really just need to FIND and BAPTIZE at the same time. haha what a concept. The president wants us to contact 12 every day. It has been pretty fun. One problem that we have is that I like to do everything by myself, which is BAD. I need to start to let my companion do his part.

HAPPY VALENTINES day! I LOVE this gospel! and I love you all!!!!

Elder Smalley

shoutout to the Hermana Rich! good to hear from ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment