Monday, February 23, 2015

Happiness is a Choice

Hey there!

I have had an amazing week, I really have but lets see if I can remember anything that has happened....

Meet the Mormons, or Conozca a Los Mormones is finally coming to Mexico! The mission president got us all together and we watched it, and can I just say WOW! It was so amazing! I was laughing and crying the whole time. TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW TO GO SEE IT. That is if they haven't already. I guess they are letting all the missionaries see it first so that we can encourage everyone to go see it when it comes out on the 27th. The kick-boxer from Costa Rica is coming to Mexico.

As we were walking out of the stake center a family from our ward pulled in with their missionary son. He got sent home early. His parents were still crying. That was seriously the most hear-breaking thing! I had no idea what to say to them.

Anyway we have had a rough week. These investigadores that are awesome have still not come to church and we are at the point were we need to drop them. That breaks my heart. Why can't things like this just get easier after a while? It really never is easy.

I've learned to accept challenges, and even embrace them because they are prime opportunities to learn. I have really been able to learn how to recognize my own mistakes. I think the biggest thing that I have learned out here is how to take responsibility for my own errors, without blaming others or the circumstances. Its hard, ITS REALLY HARD, but it has been something very much needed so I guess it's worth it. 

Another thing that I have learned (remembered) is that happiness is a CHOICE. Haha I can still hear Mom's voice saying that, but it's true! I am a missionary in the restored gospel of Jesus Christ! I have the saviors help, and the promise of the gift of the Holy Ghost. I am helping others come unto their Savior. How can I NOT be happy??? What a marvelous opportunity I have! How amazing is my call! I love it! I am so proud of you Erinn and I know that you will find the same joy!

Love you all!
Elder Smalley

No comments:

Post a Comment