Thursday, December 26, 2013

I am in MEXICO!!!!!

December 23, 2013
Hola mi familia!

Greetings from TIJUANA! That's right, I am officially south of the border. Forgive me if I spell everything wrong, literally every word has a red line under it because, ya know, they speak Spanish here! Well it has definitely been a long week. Probably the longest week of my life! Where do I start....

Well my area is in Tijuana, it is called Reforma. My companion is from Mexico. yep. He speaks a little English, but not very much! Reforma is...interesting. It was closed because there was no success and just barely opened back up three weeks ago. There are literally zero recent converts.


I would also like to say that I take back everything I said about the MTC being hard. In the MTC I could communicate just fine. I think that Mexicans like to have a contest to see who can talk the fastest because they talk FAST! REALLY FAST. So the tables have turned. I now understand nothing, but they can understand me.

Other than that, I am in heaven! I get to preach the gospel AND eat tacos all day! What could be better??? Seriously though, the food is really good! One thing that really shocked me is how different it is here. It is a completely different world. People keep apologizing that Tijuana is so ugly, but i think it is beautiful! A different kind of beautiful. Everywhere is covered in colorful homes. 

Well since I'm still adjusting to all of this, I can't think of anything else to say, I'm sure I will later haha! LOVE YOU GUYS!
Elder Smalley


No comments:

Post a Comment