Saturday, December 7, 2013

An MTC Thanksgiving-Part 2

Nov 28, 2013
Hola Mi Familia!
We are allowed to write letters today. We just barely got finished with our Thanksgiving day devotional. Russel M. Nelson was the speaker. WOW, it was absolutely amazing. As he walked in, we were singing "Because I have been given much". What an amazing song! I think that it has become my favorite hymn. It just so clearly states why I am here - why we are all here!

There is so much that I am grateful for now: The Book of Mormon, the way we can come closer to Christ, the Savior and his gospel - which answers all our questions and encompasses our needs, and the amazing gift of prayer. I don't think I will ever be able to fully comprehend the power of any of those things in this life, but they truly are remarkable.

But this year I have really come to appreciate trials. We need them. In El Libro De Mormon, whenever the Nephites were righteous, the Lord gave them wealth and prosperity, and they were never able to develop a profound conversion. I am grateful that we are tried, even when we are righteous and humble. I am grateful for the promise in Alma 36:3, that we don't have the face them alone - unless we choose to. I am grateful for a Savior, who no matter the number of times I offend Him, will turn the other cheek, and bear my burdens.

Les amo mucho, y esperare para el dia cuando podemos vivir juntos el el reino celestial.
Con Amor,
Elder Smalley

No comments:

Post a Comment