Sunday, August 23, 2015

If you want different results, do not do the same

August 17, 2015
Hello Familia!

What a marvelous week it has been! Okay so last week I reported probably the worst numbers I have ever reported on my mission, and this week has been a complete change! Time has just flown by!

Well on Tuesday we had a zone meeting and we decided to put new baptismal goals for agosto y spetiembre. An investigator has to go to church 5 times before he can get baptised, and we basically had nobody to get baptized this month in Universidad so I was wondering how we were ever going to be able to help the zone out. Well directly after that I went to the zone leaders area on exchanges, and I learned a ton! I was reminded of how faith and diligence work together to make miracles happen! Well so after that, Elder Argueta and i left Wednesday morning and came back that night with 6 new baptismal dates, two of them being for August! It was crazy! we just saw miracles all day long! The first one

was with kimberly. She is 15 and has gone to church with her mom all her life. Her dad wouldn't let her get baptized. Well this week her dad finally gave her permission! Then there was Esteban. He was going to get baptized a while back, but he was going to need to d have to repent of a couple things first and he wasn't willing to go through the process, so he just kept going to church. Well we went and talked with him. He finally agreed to do what was necessary and then we realized that he hadn't actually done what they thought he had done! Not sure to call that a miracle or what but the Lord is definitely putting the way for us to meet our zone goal! So they both have fechas for this month.
the amazing ensenada food

We also met a woman named Delia. We were looking for someone else, but when she saw us she told us to come and teach her. wow. we met her and her two teenage daughters and they are awesome. they came to church

yesterday. You wanna know the best part? Delia is a baptized TESTIGO DE JEHOVA! That is SO cool! She knows the bible like extremely well which is awesome but has really been challenging. She says that she is looking for a church that goes exactly along with what the bible says, which makes me really grateful that this is the true church! I am seeing the promises of Doctrine and Covenants come to life as we teach her. Just when I think I'm stumped with one of her questions, I remember something I learned in seminary or something and we are able
to answer it! We promised her that we are more than willing to help her answer all her bible questions, but more importantly, she needs to receive an answer from the holy ghost that the message of the restauracion is true. That was a pretty powerful moment. She just sat there thinking for a while.

It was a really great week. Every day, we talked about what we can do better, and looked for ways to be more obedient. but Saturday was a long day. we had appointments for every hour, and every single one of them fell through. I was so tired, and getting baked in the  at seven o'clock, we had to climb up this mountain to get to the middle of nowhere, and the man wasn't there. At that point, I sat down on a rock, just really confused. Why wasn't my diligence paying off? We were right outside someones house and there was a man feeding ducks.

Elder Argueta said "lets go contact him" ugh, fine. Well we went to talk to him, and we barely said a word, before he motioned for us to come over and teach his family. His name is Jose, and he had been investigating a few months ago and wasn't sure why the missionaries had stopped coming. He and his family easily accepted a fecha! crazy how the Lord lead us to him!

So I realized that I haven't told you anything about my district. It is all hermanas. two from Mexico, one from Honduras, and one from the Dominican Republic. It is interesting, and I have the lider capacitadora in my district, so that has been nice.

well I hope you all enjoy these random fotos! 
Congrats Hermana Smalley on your first transfer!
look! Rocha, like Hermana Rocha!





No comments:

Post a Comment