Sunday, August 23, 2015

guess where I am! ENSENADA!!!

August 3, 2015
Hello there family!

Well today are transfers and guess where I am! ENSENADA!!! yes haha I am so excited. I am in the north zone, so its not anywhere near Estero Beach, but still. I love this place already, even if it isn't my sweet home TJ. Where I live is called Pedregal Playitas, in case you want to look it up. 

It is way different here. In Tijuana, there are house literally piled up onto each other, but here everything is very spread out. I haven't seen any paved roads yet, just a lot of dirt! The drive from TJ to Ensenada is absolutely beautiful! I probably should have gotten some sleep, but I just couldn't stop looking. Also, I am really glad that this is my last time having to pack. I hate it. It is so stressful. haha Elder Hadley helped me get rid of my hoarding issues and throw away things that i really don't need or use,so that made it easy. All I want to say is dad would have been proud if he could see how I fit everything in my suitcase! 

My companero is Elder Aguete. He is from Puebla, but he was raised most of his life in Dallas, so English is actually his first language. He seems like the nicest person ever and I am really excited! 

ELBA GOT BAPTIZED! after 30 years of investigating, it was finally just the right time! Her and her daughters were very emotional during the service. One of them was giving a talk, and then she just burst into tears and said that her prayers have been answered. She is leaving on a mission in September! It was seriously the greatest baptismal service ever! she has changed so much! 4 months ago, when Elder Hadley and i first met her, she told us that we could try all we want, but she would never get baptized. it has been such an honor to see the changes that have occurred in her over the
last month and a half. I remember mom wrote me once, and said she knew that she was going to be baptized. When I read it, I was seriously doubting it but it has all really been a testament of faith to me. Not of my faith,but of the faith of others. I am seriously going to miss Elder Hadley. Him and I are like exact opposites, in every single way. He is always so positive and has a heart of pure gold. I have no doubt that the I was put with him for a reason. I have only been here for a few hours, but I am already starting to see why. Anyways, over the last few weeks, I have been thinking a lot about Grandma Smalley. At first it didn't hit me that hard. I got Dad's letter last week. I loved how positive it was! I love how the gospel can do that for us! Well that is all I got this week! love you all so much!!!!

Elder Smalley
p.s. I can't see any pictures from icloud or online albums, I can only see them if they are sent in a message! Thanks! I give the same challenge that Hermana Smalley gave!...and for sister Campbell, this is 16 transfers, 5 areas and 8 companions.

No comments:

Post a Comment