Monday, August 31, 2015

needless to say many prayers on her behalf have been answered

Hello family!
Well I sure did have a great week! I dont even know where to start!

On Friday Elder Piper of the seventy and Mexico Area Presidency came to Ensenada on a mission tour. It was amazing! That morning, I was feel a little frustrated because of everything that was going on and I hoped and prayed that what I learned would be able to help me...and it sure has! Our leaders are such inspired men! One of my favorite things he said is that we need to change the way we do things now that the work is hastening if we don't want to only achieve the same results! I lovedit! 


That day all the missionary leaders had to be at another meeting with him at 7 so I spent the day on special exchanges with Elder Sowards. He is from my generation but I haven't really gotten to knowhim until know but we had a lot of fun! One of Elder Piper's main focuses is letting the spirit be the real teacher and letting people be the agents. It was amazing how he was able to teach us in such apowerful way! I hope that I can apply it all! Overall, my testimony of Christ's restored church has been strengthened this week.

Well yesterday in church I sang, gave a talk, and taught 3rd hour! They asked me to speak about how we can be better members, which is a pretty wide subject. After thinking about it, I decided to base it on the Apostle Paul's teaching in Romans, because it really teaches how we as saints should be! I focused on Romanos 15:1. It is so important that we find a way to help others became strong in thegospel instead of letting them fall away. If we notice that somebody needs help, we need to HELP them! haha Not sure I got my point across, but I enjoyed studying it. Also, I sang. Yikes. Can I just say that my whole mission, some force has been trying to make me not sing. in the MTC, after  begging my whole district for 5 weeks, someone finally agreed to come with me to be in the choir. 


Too many people had shown up and we were dismissed. then last Christmas I got put in the missionChristmas choir and then got transferred to Mexicali so i couldn't be in it. hmm. so I don't know. One last thing. You can let Georgia know that I am signed up again for when I get home because I have gotten pretty horrible. haha.

We met a really cool new investigator named Amparo. She had a a really deep question the first time we went with her and we were able to answer it simply with the doctrine of the plan of salvation. It was an amazing experience for all 3 of us . We saw her hope in Christ increase immediately! 


ALSO Kimberly got permission to get baptized this week! I am so proud of her! She stood up to her dad and told him that she was going to get baptized this Saturday. Amazing! And to think that when Iwas her age, my parents were still dragging me...needless to say many prayers on her behalf have been answered.

Oh! We actually had water this week after almost 2 weeks without it! Thank goodness that summer is almost over and all the american tourists are finally starting to leave and letting us have the water. It comes and goes every day. Well I'm gonna go. Love you all so much! Hope you have an amazing week!


Elder Smalley!

No comments:

Post a Comment