Monday, May 11, 2015

Craziest Week Ever!

May 4, 2015
Hey there fam!

This week has been AMAZING!!! but supercrazy, but I really like crazy weeks! I don't remember if I told you guys last week but Elder Hadley went home for a surgery on Thursday. He should be back this Wednesday. It's been crazy because I am just tagging along with other missionaries while still trying to get the work going in my own area. 

On Monday I found an old copy of New Era, which I thought was odd to find in Mexico, it was an issue from October 2013. In it I found a quote from Elder Holland that really stuck with me: “I frequently say to missionaries in the field, ‘You make or break your mission every morning of your life. You tell me how those morning hours go from 6:30 a.m.until you are on the street in your mission, what ever time it is; you tell me how those hours go, and I will tell you how your day will go, I will tell you how your month will go, I will tell you how your year will go and how your mission and your life will go.’” Wow. I showed it to Elder Hadley and we both agreed that we could use the time to prepare more wisely. 

We also had an amazing zone conference and I learned a lot about really living up to the covenants I've made, and about putting everything else aside. Putting these things into practice, we really started to see some awesome miracles. People just started letting us in! It was so cool! Our district surpassed our goal for new investigators, which is super awesome! 

Then Elder Hadley left and it was just hectic trying to figure out how I was going to help all these new investigators progress while being shuffled around in trios. Thankfully, Elder Jimenez, one of the secretaries, came and stayed the whole weekend. 

Remember that Ateo that I mentioned last week. Yeah well he is awesome and his family is awesome. We were tracting on Saturday, and a TESTIGO DE JEHOVA let us in and accepted to come to church. That was cool! She didn't come :(. Alejandro is going to get baptized this Saturday. He really is prepared. I am so happy for him. Also Sergio has really started progressing as well. Right now I'm in a tri with the zone leaders and I don't know how much time I will get to work in my area before Elder Hadley comes back but I really hope it all goes well. Oh yeah, I had my interview with the President. he is the greatest. I am just so happy. Overwhelmed, but happy!

LOVE YOU ALL!
Elder Smalley

No comments:

Post a Comment