Monday, May 18, 2015

Gatos y Perros were beating down on us all morning

Hello there!

Alright it is way too cold to be May. I have no idea what is going on. Maybe it is because we are close to the Ocean or I don't know but I am shivering...it was not like this last May!

This was another hard week. We were able to find lots of new investigators, but nobody really wanted to progress. I was actually really stressing out. We are basically starting all over because we lost so much time last week for random reasons. Well finally on Saturday we met someone who was pretty awesome and she came to church the next day and said that she was going to bring her family next week. Yesterday a family invited a friend over when we ate with them. It was such a good visit! The friend seemed really interested. I am excited about it.

Like I said it has been very cold. Extremely cold, and rainy all week. Friday was the worst day. Gatos y Perros were just beating down on us all morning. I thought that at any minute the zone leaders were going to give us the call to go inside, but it never came, haha, because the president and all the zone leaders had a meeting that day. 


Probably the funniest fake bill I have ever
seen. Elder Lier 
pulled it out of an ATM!
Well It was fun. Nobody let us in. Literally nobody. We had an appointment and the investigator told us that she was going to able to receive us in that moment, as we were standing outside her door in the pouring rain. That's alright. Did i mention that I had misplaced my raincoat that day? haha I can't complain because maybe the Lord was trying to teach me something about perseverance hasta el fin! Maybe it was a blessing! maybe.

Well I am just so proud of you Erinn! It is such a privilege to hold this sacred calling. I have learned that there are lots of things that Joel Smalley is afraid to do, but I am not Joel Smalley anymore. Being a missionary and a representative of Jesus Christ has really taught me how to put my fears and will everything else aside and serve my God. I see the hand of God in my life and other's lives every day. 


I am going to stop because I am getting teardrops on the keyboard, but I am so excited for you to experience these things! 

I LOVE YOU!
Elder Smalley

No comments:

Post a Comment