Tuesday, April 7, 2015

We invited her to say the prayer and she was nervous ...


March 23, 2015
Hey there familia!

This week has flown by I really don't think I can remember anything that has happened. haha we'll see.

First, the quote of the week has a really long story. As we were leaving the internet cafe last Monday I get a call from one of the companionship in my district. There was a problemita. So I called the zone leaders and let them know. About an hour later the assistants called me and asked me a couple questions about it and about 10 minutes after that the Presidente himself calls me and asks a couple more questions. After that, my companion turns to
me and says, 'who's next, the prophet???' haha we had a pretty good laugh. 


Well it seems that the problem got resolved. It makes me sad when missionaries get resentful because they don't

realize that our purpose is to help them, and not just to punish them. Is this what parenting is like? I feel like I definitely owe a huge apology to mom and dad haha. I'm never having kids.

I have been amazed at the way the Lord has put very prepared people into out path! Every time it is such a
miracle! We we walking and a less active member pulls up and says he wants us to visit him. When we went, we found out that his wife is super interested in learning more about the church. when we taught her, it became clear that she has so much real intent and easily accepted to be baptized. But, they aren't married so that may take a
while, but they have the desire! We met another investigator that two other Elders had contacted. She was also very open and extremely excited to learn more! After our first lesson, we invited her to say the prayer and she was nervous and her sister said she would do it. Well she offered one of the most sincere and powerful first prayers
I've ever heard and we all started crying. Then the other investigadora said that she wanted to pray too and she also offered an awesome prayer as well. It totally schooled the lame opening prayer that I said. So there it is, my investigators are teaching me more that I am teaching them. ha.

Wait! This week I totally realized that i never gave Brother Zeyer his mentoring pin! oops. random, I know.

Well I have reflected a lot about what I wrote last week about the whole 3 areas 6 compañeros thing. haha I am seriously one of the most made fun of Elders in the mission. Everyone tells me that the mission
President just forgets about me when he does transfers hahaha. One thing this whole experience has taught me is to not complain. I know, it's like one of may talents haha, but seriously. I've learned that the Lord does what he does because he loves us. He knows what is best. If I just wait with patience I can see later on the greater
purposes for everything that has happened to me. That is so beautiful! Also I've learned that things are actually not as bad as they seem. I feel so much more loved as a result!

Take care! LOVE YOU ALL

Elder Smalley!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment