Monday, April 20, 2015

I pretend to pick up a rock, only my pants ripped

Hola Fam!!!

Wow this week has been great! It has been great because I have really learned a lot, most of it "the hard way" haha. Its all good, but I'll get to that later. 



Remember how I said that my companion and I just laugh all the time. It's getting worse. I am so grateful for my companion. He keeps me working hard, but we definitely have our fun times. Hah I feel like we have come to both see each other's bad sides. I have seen how crazy he gets when he's sleep deprived, and he's seen how angry I get when I'm fasting hahaha. oh well. 

Well probably the funniest thing ever happened Monday night. This dog was barking and following us so I bent down to pretend to pick up a rock (which makes them run away) only my pants ripped. haha it was huge. We were right outside the house of an investigator and it was an appointment so we decided we would figure it out after. Well I sat down really fast and the lesson went really great. 
When we finished with a prayer the investigator said "aren't we going to kneel?" uhh okay hahah so I was kinda panicking but everything went okay. 

After we got out we realized that we didn't have enough money so we had to walk home. yikes. haha we laughed about it the whole way. I know, I know, I'm getting really fat so don't even say anything! I weighed myself for the first time since the MTC. 194 pounds which is the same that I weighed after 5 weeks in the MTC, only my body is not the same mass that it was in the MTC. I'm going to stop thinking about it because it makes me want to cry...

Well we had awesome results last week. This week was really mas o menos to be honest. I can see several reasons why. Sobre todo, pride. Gah! pride is such an annoying cycle for me! How am I so slow to remember these things? I don't know. I also feel like I could have done more. I feel like I really haven't reached my potential, which is stressful, but I know that Heavenly Father has given me all the tools I need to reach it, so that gives me hope. 

I am really glad for the sacrament. I feel such a stronger urgency to partake of it, and witness unto God that I am willing to renew the promises that I have made. The Holy Ghost is real, and the constant companionship of it really depends on our disposition to keep our covenants. I am also just really grateful for a Heavenly Father who sometimes waits for me to work a little bit harder before he blesses me with what I want. 

The ward is really getting excited, It makes me so happy. Our stake president is AWESOME. we had ward conference yesterday. loved it. I am so happy to be here, and working with these  people. big shout-out to the Autumn Hills mia-maids class. I got the package. loved it.

Love you all!Elder Smalley

No comments:

Post a Comment