Wednesday, April 15, 2015

I'm Back in Tijuana, and had the craziest week of my life

March 30, 2015
Hello family!!!


Guess what! Im in Tijuana! It feels so good to be back! It is like coming home! literally so happy!
The ward is called Palmeras, and once again, I'm opening the area. It has been closed for quite a long time and everyone was super surprised when they announced that they were going to open it. I am a district leader and guess what! Elder LIER is my zone leader!!! My compañero is Elder Hadly. He has 3 months, just barely finished his training, and is from Bountiful! so excited! Apparently the assistants are in my district so I will be interviewing their investigators. kinda scarey.


Wow. I just had the craziest week of my life. I remember the weekend when I had swim state, two choir concerts, a halftime show, and a cheer competition all in one weekend and I think this week totally tops that haha. So much has happened and I can't even remember it. We baptized! Edwin was so excited to be baptized! Also I discovered Friday morning that my comp had a huge disobedience problem, so the parenting continues haha. Also we found so many new investigators and so many committed to coming to church that we had no idea how we were going to get them all there!


Darnit! This was supposed to be the ward that I didn't get attached to, but I spent the whole weekend on the verge of tears when I found out I was leaving. I also spoke in church. I just completely lost it. I was so excited for that talk. I wanted to share a reference that Elder Richard G. Scott used from Ezra Taft Benson in the last general conference. It was super good! look it up!

Well I got to go! love you all!


Elder Smalley

PS. Is it just me or does Edwin's mom totally look like Jenn??? just me....

No comments:

Post a Comment