Saturday, July 5, 2014

Hyper Twins ... Like Joel???

Hey guys!
Wow this week has been a hot one. Very very hot ... so sure you're all tired of me saying that. haha. I was thinking about it. Exactly two years from today I tried out for MACS and Mckay totaled the car! haha. Also we went on youth conference that day.

Well I thought it was super cool to be in Mexico while the world cup is happening, until yesterday. When Mexico plays, there is no one in the streets, and you can hear the game from every house. and every time Mexico scores, you can hear the shouts from anywhere. Well Sunday was super tough because Mexico played Honduras at 9am so almost all of our investigators didn't want to come. We only had one investigator come to church yesterday. ONE. that's it. Mexico lost so they're out now and everybody was super sad. And that folks, is why we keep the Sabbath day holy!

I had a cool experience as we were riding the calafia back from a district meeting. One of the Hermanas [Sister Missionaries] wanted a picture of everyone in the calafia holding up one finger cause she just completed one month in the mission. She was to afraid so she asked me. I was afraid 
too but I did it anyway. I stood up, went to the front, and asked to take a picture of everyone. After that, I explained what we do as missionaries and shared my testimony of Jesus Christ and asked if there was anyone who wanted to know more. Nobody said yes but that's okay I guess.


So we got sick one night. I only got a little sick but my companion got it worse. We ate gorditas, but not just any gorditas. Gorditas de Chicharon. I'll let you look up what that is haha. lesson learned.


Saturday morning we, the hermanas, and the ward mission leader helped paint a members house. we had a super fun time. We laughed really hard at Elder Morgan's face in this picture hahahaha!

Well the Hermanas in our ward got the jackpot. they found two nine year old twins of a less active member. that's why it's a jackpot. I baptized one and the bishop baptized the other. they are super hyper - kinda like me as a nine year old, only two of them, haha! But it was a good service. 


well that just about wraps it up. Hope it's not too hot for you guys because I'm burning up right now.


love yall!
Elder Smalley

No comments:

Post a Comment