Sunday, July 13, 2014

a perfect ending to a really hard week

Hola Familia!

Wow, did I say it was hot last week? Because that was nothing. I think people are letting us into their houses because they feel sorry for us, haha. This week has actually been super tough. I guess we just need to get better at finding more people to teach. That whole agency thing just kills me sometimes haha. 

The whole week, I have kept myself excited because we have one investigator that is really progressing. She's 18, and has SO MUCH real intent it is just so great. Well on Saturday she said she wanted to delay her baptismal date which was for the 12th. Things like that are tough, but the Lord gives me plenty of reasons to stay happy! We really didn't reach our goals, so there must be something that we need to change. Not sure what it is yet. 

On a better note, Sunday was AWESOME! I don't even know where to start. Our ward has really progressed since I got here. In our reunion de corelacion misional, we told our lider misional what we need the ward to do, and he took care of everything! Our recent convert received the priesthood yesterday without us having to get on their backs. He made sure the YSL representative (JAS in spanish) met our new investigator, and the rest of our investigators had a really good experience and felt really well received

Also, our new convert bore his testimony in priesthood and told of his conversion story. IT WAS SO POWERFUL! He said that the Book of Mormon was key, and he invited everyone that was investigating the church to read the Book of Mormon. IT WAS PERFECT. So there it was, a perfect ending to a really hard week. Also, we met a really awesome old man. he was a referral of a referral and he is like the greatest person ever. 

We had our first zone conference with the new mission president on the 4th of July! It was awesome, His words were perfect! It amazes me that he has been here for only a week and he already knew EXACTLY what to say. he really is an inspired man! good stuff!

I took only one picture this week. Mineve Campbell's family sent me Swedish fish so here's a big shout-out to the Campbell's!

No comments:

Post a Comment