Thursday, June 12, 2014

Super Great Week

June 2, 2014
Familia!
It´s been another HOT week, so that´s been pretty great. This week was super great, super fufilling. Usually I´m like still devasted after Sunday because everybody promises to come to church and then they don´t, but this week ALMOST everybody came. It was a good feeling :) 

We´ve actually had a lot of success. I blame our district meeting. We talked about how we could improve our planning sessions. Well we decided to put in practice what we learned and the blessings just hit us like a wall! There was not a minute this whole week that we had nothing to do! It was SO MUCH FUN! 

Also I just had one of the greatest lessons of my life yesterday! Since I got here, we have been working with the husband of an active member. When I first met him, he did not want to read the Book of Mormon or accept any other commitment. His progress so far has been amazing. He is now reading with eagerness, he has gone to church every week, and he is understanding and enjoying our visits. I think yesterday he really realized the importance of baptism, and not just doing it as an obligation to his family. I don´t know if I explained it alright or not but it was just great.

The ward is really growing on me. Sometimes it´s been frustrating because I´m not sure that they understand that we are here to assist them, not to do a separate work. We received a new ward mission leader, and I´m really hopeful about him. The members that have gotten involved have really been great, and I´m so grateful to them.

On Saturday the sisters in our ward had exchanges and so there were 4 Americans in one ward. that was fun haha. we took some pictures just because.

Horrible news. I have lost my aerial officially. I am getting so fat I can barely get myself of the ground anymore. Sad stuff. Well I hope everything goes very well for you guys. HAPPY GRADUATION ERINN!

Here are some pictures of the AMAZING food I get to eat every day and also the one I couldn´t send last week!


con mucho amor,
Elder Smalley

No comments:

Post a Comment