Thursday, June 19, 2014

Another Miracle: prayer works better than a cell phone

Today is my 6 month anniversary of entering the campo misional. Wow. I'm still adjusting to leading the area. It's a lot different leading after six weeks instead of after 13 weeks! (as it was in Reforma) I've made a lot of mistakes this week, but I feel like I've also grown a whole lot so that's good! 

On Tuesday we had exchanges. The former assistant to the president came with me. That was super nerve-wracking and tough, but we ended up actually having a really good day. We had our last zone conference with the President. They are leaving the 26th. it was way sad.

The other night, we as missionaries put together a ward family home evening, and it went super well! We acted out the restoration by building the church with plastic cups, knocking it down, building up little churches, and then finally building it back up again. It was a big success! Then we broke the piñata that we weren't able to break last monday, haha! It was really a fun day.


Well we are going to have a baptism this week! I'm so excited, it has been a very special experience. I really hope we get permission for Elder Lier to come back for the baptism!

Our Zone with our President
This Sunday was kind of a miracle. We ran out of credit on our phone saturday night. I pretty much panicked because I thought that meant that we were going to have no investigators in church. I got really frustrated with myself. I feel like this whole week I've been caught between knowing I can do better and not knowing what more I could have done. I guess I'll have to work that one out some day. Anyway, I just prayed super hard that by some miracle people could come to church without us reminding them and it worked! We got to church and everyone that we expected to come was there! Pretty cool!

In other news, I am now wearing a back brace. Yep, I have officially caved in. I talked to the president's wife and she took me to some medical store to pick it up. I'm officially THAT Elder. but it is super nice. It really takes away the pain, even if it's hot :)


LOVE YOU ALL, HAVE A GREAT WEEK!

No comments:

Post a Comment