Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Conference Weekend

Hello Family!

How are you guys? How are you doing?  I am just so happy after watching conference! I don't know why it impacted me so much, but the spirit was just so strong, even in Spanish - and even though the translator did not come near to doing justice to the tone of Elder Holland haha.

There were a lot of "one-liners" that really stood out to me, but maybe that's just because I was listening in Spanish! But I want to share the ones that I really enjoyed. They may be a bit different because I had to translate them back to English.

  • "blessings are often delayed to help us grow faith" - President Eyring
  • "danger lurks when we divide ourselves" - Elder Scott
  • "we are here to learn how to manage the feeling of our bodies" - Linda S Reeves
  • "we need the strength that comes from trusting in the prophets" - Elder Anderson
  • "destructive words can take a dangerous situation to fatal" - Elder Zwick
  • "Who we are is not who we can become...WE NEED TO CHANGE" -Elder Hallstrom
  • "what does your heart desire" - Randall Ridd
  • "are you sleeping through the restoration? ... get out!" "when we are grateful, we can find peace in times of affliction" - President Uchtdorf
  • "true happiness does not mean being free from burdens" - Elder Bednar
  • "blame keeps wounds open, only forgiveness heals" - President Thomas S Monson


Well if these quotes are wrong, it's because I listened in a language that I don't understand hahahaha! 

I am so grateful for these talks! It is so edifying to have things be  "[brought] to [our] remembrance"! If I could sum up this week, it would be that I am so grateful for the Lord's help. I really don't know how it is even possible for me to do this work. I'm not a good teacher, it's a miracle that anyone can even understand my greengo accent, and there is so much doctrine that I need to understand better, but I feel like my efforts have been blessed. It has really been an eye opener to me. 2 Nefi 32:9 has really come alive for me! He will always help, we just need to ask!

well I hope you all have a fantastic week!
I love you so much!
Elder Smalley

No comments:

Post a Comment