Monday, April 14, 2014

Almost Lost My Head

Hi there guys! 

Oh my goodness, Spencer is 16?? when did he turn 15? haha just kidding.
"Happy 16th Spencer"

Well this week was pretty suave (which in Mexico is used to say cool). NOT temperature wise. It is seriously getting very hot! And you know what that means...it means a lot of things, one of them being CUCARACHAS. Thankfully we haven't had too many, but they are seriously huge. 

Also, this week I have been very frustrated with Tijuana. It's a great place, it's just the directions. More specifically the house numbers. THEY MAKE NO SENSE. I am sure that people just choose whatever number they want and then put it on their house, and then there are the houses that have no number at all. It basically makes it impossible because there will be #6 right next to #8402. It's just something you have to learn to deal with, but this week I was particularly annoyed because we went to go find inactive members on the ward list. We tried that for about an hour. Sometimes the hardest thing to deal with is wasted time.
Steep hill, where he almost lost his head


On Wednesday we had exchanges for a baptismal interview so I went to another area. It was fun, because I was companions with Ciera's cousin but I thought I was going to die when a dog almost bit my head off! There was a gate, but the dog was about at head level because we were on a sidewalk on a very steep hill. I needed a minute to recover from the unexpected trauma of that one hahaha!

About 2 months ago, we met a menosactiva (less active church member), and started teaching her 10 year old daughter and she was baptized on SaturdayFriday night was really hectic because the ward mission leader "lost his keys" and the Stake President forgot to purchase the baptismal clothing. But everything worked out miraculously! 

Well I hope you know that i love you all!
Elder Smalley

No comments:

Post a Comment