Monday, April 21, 2014

A Fulfilling Holy Week

Buenos dias! Happy Easter! 

I wouldn't really have known that it was Easter except it has been a full moon this week. There is no Easter here, okay well there is but it has a different name and its only a catholic holiday. Its called  
Holy Week (or semana santa in Español), and everyone has been out of school. 


Goodnews! I finished the Book of Mormon again! Our Presidente invited us to read 2 chapters everyday, that way we can finish in 4 months. Well I set the goal to finish April 15, because I arrived here on December 16 and I reached it! Typically, I am always hurrying to finish and I don't take time to contemplate the last few books. But they have meant a lot to me. I think Mormon chapter 9 is one of my new favorite chapters!


Well I got the funeral programs for John Coons & Bryan Byrge Mom sent on Monday. I think that's when it finally sunk in. I cried for quite a while that day.

On Thursday we had interviews with the President. It went really well. I left feeling a lot better about a lot of things. OH YEAH. I got sick this week. Like really sick. I got away 4 months without anything and then...this. haha it was just a common cold but it was bad. The good thing is that my immune system is working like a pro because of all the jalapenos and habaneros I'm eating. but that was also a curse because I could not keep up with blowing my nose. We really couldn't afford to take a break so I just pushed through it, and it was fine. 

Well we had an other baptism on Saturday. We have working on reactivating and completing families so that's been fun. The baptism went a lot smoother this time, hahahahah, except when I was checking the water, and my planner fell into the font! I guess I will never forget this transfer. Speaking of which it is almost over holy cow! one more week till who knows what!

This week has felt very fulfilling. Even though 99% of people break your heart as a missionary (NO exaggeration), the 1% definitely more than make up for it! It is so exciting to watch people change and develop faith, and to see myself change and develop faith! 

Well I hope you had a happy Easter. I am seriously craving some peeps and jolly wrancher jelly beans haha ... in 2 years....
mucho amor,
Elder Smalley

No comments:

Post a Comment