Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Primer bautismo en once semanas

Hey Guys,

Well we finally had our baptism! I seriously doubted if it was all going to come together, but somehow it all did! I have never felt so stressed in my life before Wednesday! Also, the water heater was broken, so the water was really cold. Other than that, it was a really good service! I finally just had to take a moment to calm down right before the service so that I could feel the spirit! I am very grateful to see the changes this gospel makes in our lives!

This week I have really grown to appreciate the Bible. I have read the bible before for seminary and stuff, but I have really grown a lot from it this week! My testimony has grown so much that it is the word of God! This last week has been really hard, and I've been really humbled. One scripture that really has helped me this week is Proverbs 3:11 I especially love the blessings that are mentioned in verse 12 and 13. I feel like through it all, I am gaining wisdom and understanding! I've really been working on developing those Christlike attributes. Its ironic that patience is one of them because I have not been very patient in the whole process haha! Another scripture that really spoke to me is Matthew 23:26. I feel like I really need to work from the inside out, instead of the other way around. Anyways, that's just the brief version, but needless to say, I LOVE the bible!

Well this weekend it rained, a lot! The thing about Tijuana is it's hills. There is literally no flat part, everything is like 45 degree angles in all different directions and since it's a maze of streets and stuff, even a light sprinkle up top can turn into quite the river at the bottom. Well just imagine what it's like when it pours. yeah haha. It poured all weekend. On Friday, we had an appointment at the lowest elevation of our area. When we walked out, it was pouring cats and dogs, so we decided to take a calafia back up, which is like a mini bus. Well we were on the wrong side of the street, and we couldn'd find a place to cross because it was so deep of rushing water! So we had to walk all the way up in the rain haha! I actually enjoyed it! It reminded me of New Jersey! I missed those downpours! My companion thinks I'm crazy now, cause I was walking around all happy on a rainy day! haha.

well that's all i got this week! hope you guys are doing alright!
mucho amor,
Elder Smalley

No comments:

Post a Comment