Monday, February 24, 2014

We're having a baptism! ... wait, where's the keys?

Hello Family!

A few new interesting things happened this week! For starters, 
I'm excited for Wednesday! We are having a baptism, and she asked me to baptize herWe've had to reschedule her date a couple times, but she's been going strong for almost 3 weeks now! The thing is, its been so long since there has been a baptism in Reforma that nobody really knows how or what to do or where those darn keys to open the font are! haha! Hopefully it all works out. 

I am also super happy because I finally memorized all of  D&C 4 in Spanish this week! I've been working on it for a couple weeks! whoohoo! bboring, I know. hmm-oh!

Yesterday I gave a talk in sacrament meeting! Only it wasn't planned! While the 1st speaker was giving her talk, the stake president asked me if I would speak next for 10 minutes. She literally closed her talk probably about 30 seconds after that. Haha it wasn't that bad. I talked for about 15 minutes oops, but most of it was rambling probably haha! My companion said he was proud that he has trained me well haha!

Had another exchange with an Elder from my generation again! He still doesn't know that much Spanish but it was a very good learning experience for me because even though he doesn't speak very well, he still tries. I usually don't say anything that I'm not positive I should say, so it was good for me to learn from him!

Also, we taught a lesson in ENGLISH this week! I contacted a woman who only speaks English a month or so ago, and we finally found her house and taught her a lesson! It was way fun to be able to express my thoughts freely. My companion wanted to be a part of the lesson too, so we practiced in English that morning. It was way hard for me to not interrupt him while he was struggled to teach in English. It really showed me how much patience my companion must have had with me! Great experience to see the other side of it!


Today it is just absolutely BEAUTIFUL so I took a picture of the back view of our apartment.

Also, I've been doing some decorating and I wanted you to see it. There is another picture I took this week from a night we had with a member family that is a little strange, and I couldn't stop laughing. We shall see if I send it or not haha. take care,

todo el amor!,
Elder Smalley!

No comments:

Post a Comment