Saturday, March 15, 2014

I love to see the temple

March 10, 2014
It has been a crazy day, but this week has just been superb. I have officially ended my training, but since we got here a week early, there is still one more week until transfers. 


"I Love to See the Temple" ... see its right there!
Here's another picture showing a different view of the temple. You have to zoom in REALLY close to see it, it's like a white box and there is something else that's white in the background.

On Wednesday I had exchanges with the District Leader, which turned out to be a huge tender mercy because he showed me a lot of things that I could do better that I didn't know before. It really improved my week, even if it is hard to be corrected sometimes.  


How Carnitas are made
Yesterday at a member's house we had Carnitas, which is hard to explain, but DELICIOUS! The picture shows how it's made, sorta haha

I would just like to say that after living in Tijuana for 12 weeks, I can say that I HATE DOGS. This place is covered in dogs. They always bark at you, lay in the street and drop bombs everywhere. Then they just die and nobody does anything so it smells horrible. Sometimes when I'm bored I count the number of seconds that there is not a dog in sight when we are walking. I have yet to get to 1. Then I count the seconds that I can't see at least 2 dogs ... still at 0. I AM NEVER HAVING A DOG! 

Other than that I LOVE Tijuana, and this amazing opportunity to hold such a sacred calling!

I think one of the greatest breakthroughs that I have made this week is the realization of just what humility is. Humility is not ignoring your strengths, but rather acknowledging where they come from. Everything comes from the Lord. He has given me weaknesses so that I can overcome them (only by turning to Him) and strengths so that I can do His work! It has really helped me to put the right foot forward!


mucho amor,
Elder Smalley

No comments:

Post a Comment