Thursday, March 20, 2014

Transfers

March 17, 2014
Hola familia!


over looking Reforma
Well not a lot happened really this last week before transfers, but my companion and I knew that one of us would be leaving so we really just had a blast our last week ... working hard, obviously! Ya know, I'm really gonna miss that Elder. After 13 weeks, I feel like I know him better than anyone in this world, which really has been a privilege. Some members made us a cake for transfers. It says "éxito en su misión" which means "success on your mission".

Temple in Tijuana under construction
Turns out I am still in Reforma, and have a new companion, Elder Torres. He's from some part of Torreón. He is a convert of two years and is 24 years old. He's pretty cool, doesn't say too much, but I like him. Here's a picture we took after we picked us Elder Torres. On the way back, we drove past the temple to get back to Reforma.

Well it is really starting to get hot here in Tijuana. Even the Mexicans are starting to admit it. 

Once again ... I just want to say that I LOVE MEXICAN FOOD. It seriously just makes me so happy. BUT ... some members brought us In-N-Out!  I was so darn excited to eat a double double! but can you believe, my companion didn't really like it. 

Mom, since I know how much you like bugs (haha!) here's a really weird bug that we found in the road. The picture doesn't really do it justice. It was seriously super cool! I know Mom ... you're so glad I shared :-)

 Oh, about the back problems I've had, I was diagnosed with scoliosis, but we already knew that, so no big deal. I feel bien. Not any pain today. But while on the subject, can you believe 2 years ago today I had a broken nose?

I'm so sorry about to hear about Brother Byrge & Brother Coons. It's hard for me to even believe. I actually found out on Saturday. I saw your email then, because I had to get on to print receipts for medical reimbursements. I'm just Really sorry to hear about this and all the struggles the ward has had this week dealing with it. I'm sorry, I am too distracted to really think about it. I think it just hasn't sunk in, but it will I'm sure. In the mean time, I'm praying for all you guys!

I love you all so much!
Elder Smalley

No comments:

Post a Comment