Tuesday, February 18, 2014

¡Cien Dias!

Hola hola famila!

I would just like to apologize for every complaining last week about it being cold here. This week has been HOT! Like really hot! The thing that scares me is that people are walking around in hoodies in the blazing sun, so I know I'm in for it...on the bright side my collar tan line has developed quite nicely this week!

Tuesday, we had a mission wide training. Bishop Dean M. Davies of the presiding bishopric came and talked to us. Sister Davies spoke too, but she doesn't speak Spanish so she had to be translated. 

we also had another training with the president on valentines day. By the way, valentines day means absolutely nothing on a mission haha. But that's pretty much what I expected. Well on Friday I finally got the adjusting to missionary life booklet. I think it would have helped A LOT if I had it sooner. Basically it has everything I needed to hear when I first got here about how to not break down hahaha!

I just want to express again how much I LOVE MEXICAN FOOD! I really just cant say it enough. Oh yeah guess what! I finally got the Christmas card from the bishopric and stake presidency haha! They sent it internationally. I still enjoyed it though!

Well this week I started out optimisticly, really optimistic. I don't think I was prepared for the counter attack that the adversary hit me with haha, but I'm doing alright. I can't do everything, and I'm learning every day that there is really isn't a whole lot that I can do without the help of a Savior! I just really need to learn how to let him help me instead of relying on my own strength, which as I've learned, is not a whole lot (Alma 26:12). Well I'm sorry its so short this week! 


The picture is with Elder Meldrum. He is Ciara Kilingbels cousin! Make sure she sees it! I have met him before, we were in the same Sadie Hawkins group my sophomore year!

LOVE YOU SO MUCH!
Elder Smalley

No comments:

Post a Comment