Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Temple, Power

¡Hola familia!

I am happy today because two separate investigators came to church for the first time after we having been trying for WEEKS! Well I have been a missionary for 3 months. Wow. By the way, I know its super cold in Utah, but just be grateful you have heating systems. There is nothing here. It is just as cold as it is outside as it is inside, if not colder. It is freezing cold in the morning. Nothing quite like seeing your breath during personal study haha!

Well I am officially not the newest generation [of missionaries] anymore! Everybody is excited that we got more american Hermanas. 

Every district meeting someone shares a thought about an attribute of Christ. It, as well as both prayers, are done in English so that the native missionaries can learn English. (its a commandment to learn English on the mission) Well guess who was chosen. My companion! He was really nervous! But he did really well. Proud moment for me haha.

The most exciting thing that happened was that we lost power Wednesday night. All of Lloma Dorada-where we live. We were teaching investigators when it happened haha that was interesting. As we walked home, we stopped at a tiendita to buy candles. We had WAY to much fun that night. luckily, the power came back by morning so that our electric boiler worked in the morning!

So our president has stressed the rule that we cant enter a house if there is not an adult of the same sex. I didnt even know about it before. Its been really hard to follow, like super hard in the middle of the day, but the Lord has provided a way this week. Its been a really cool miracle to see how it has all worked out.

Our ward mission leader got released (I wont say anything), and they called a less active member to be the new Mission leader. We still don't have a bishop yet. But two new counselors were called yesterday.

I took a picture of the temple, so you could see just how close it is to my area. Like super close. It is just to the left of my shoulder.I am near Boulevard Federico Benítez López


Love you guys a lot!
Elder Smalley

No comments:

Post a Comment