Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Mas fotos, comida Mexicana!

Hola Familia,
 Eating my first Mexican tamale (a while ago,
Oh my goodness you guys, I really love Mexican food!)
Como han estado? I am doing much better, and so is Tijuana! It has actually been kinda cold this week. And if it's cold for me, just imagine how the people feel. We have actually had rain! Which actually isn't fun because that means walking in mud all day but oh well! Oh yeah Wednesday & Thursday the water in Tijuana was turned off. That was horrible. "Luckily", my companion had to milk cartons for lifting weights that were filled with water. Pouring freezing cold water over my head for a shower is one experience I will never forget. Ever.
An Elote!  They are actually real things ...
not just in 
Nacho Libre, haha!

Well our teaching pool has shrunk this week. We have dropped investigators, but I guess we could have been better at finding new ones. It's really hard to see people not progress, time and time again. On the other hand, there have been quite a few investigators that have now begun to progress, ones that I really wouldn't have expected! We have one investigator that has already read to Alma!


The Sombrero pic, a rite of passage ;)
This week I have really been grateful for personal revelation. For quite some time, I've struggled a lot with a few personal contentions. This week has really been a pivotal week, where I have finally let the spirit guide me. I won't go into details, but there is just so much power that can be accessed when you humble yourself! I came across Proverbs 13:10. That scripture has really made the difference. I've been focusing my personal study on developing the Christlike attributes that i need to get over this, and the peace that i've felt has been so comforting! The more I learn, the more exciting I get to put into practice what I have learned. Well that probably made no sense, but this has really turned out to be a great fin de semana.


I promised that I would take more pictures, and I did not disappoint this week! Today are transfers, I'm staying in Reforma obviously. Here is a picture of (most of) my district this last transfer.


Con muchisimo amor,
Elder Smalley!


No comments:

Post a Comment