Friday, November 28, 2014

Adios Tijuana!

Hello Familia!

Well today are transfers and it's a big one! Greetings from MEXICALI!!!! That's right, I left Tijuana. Mexicali is the capitol of Baja California. It is also the hottest inhabited place in Mexico. I've also heard that it is the 3rd hottest city in the WORLD, but I'm not sure if it's true or not. But it gets hot. We are talking 130 in the summers. It's pretty hot right now, but I've heard that it's actually colder that TJ in the winter, so I got really lucky. 

Because I am/was in the Christmas choir, I wasn't supposed to leave Tijuana. Not sure what happened there, that's kinda a bummer but oh well the Lord wants me here so I guess it's okay. What's more, I am district leader, and my companion and I are BOTH NEW to the area so this should be very interesting....we both have no clue where anything is! My new companion is Elder Cruz, he has 7 months in the mission and is from the state of Mexico. He seems really great. The truth is I am just so darn excited! 

It was so hard to leave Casa Blanca, especially the converts. You all know. The converts in that ward are seriously awesome. They have been just incredible examples to me. Yesterday we visited Camilo and basically he explained 50 reasons why he loved the church and was never going inactive. That was just so amazing.  Every time I realize how far they have come, it just amazes me. 

You know what I love? Seeing the gospel change people. Seeing how it changes me! I am so grateful for this amazing opportunity to serve. It has been so rewarding, so challenging, and the food is just so good!

Well not sure what else to write. My new camera broke yesterday so I hope that I can take it back and that the warranty covers it....sorry no pictures this week :( I'll try to send them soon! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH! I LOVE MEXICO TOO!
Elder Smalley
p.s. please pray that I can find my way around, and pray for my camera too! sorry it's so short today!

No comments:

Post a Comment