Monday, December 1, 2014

Everything is so FLAT

Buenos Dias! Well I have one week down in Mexicali! It has been an adventure, a little difficult, but I can honestly say that I have LOVED every minute! It has been a huge culture shock. I don´t think I have every been in the same city for so long before, and everything here seems so...foreign. I don´t even know how to explain it. For starters, everything is so FLAT. I don´t really like that. It makes walking really boring. I don´t really know why it effected me so much, but everything just seems different here. BUT I LOVE IT!
I don´t know if I told you, but my ward is called Baja California, in the Mexicali stake. It is right up against the border. It´s been interesting finding our way around because our map is incomplete and only shows a small part of our actual limits. This ward has so much potencial. Our bishop is seriously awesome. I´m really excited about this ¨He is the Gift¨or Ël es la Dádiva¨ thing the church is doing this month! The work is hastening!!!! There are 4 other Elders and two Hermanas in my district. They are all great, but we really need to work on finding more. 

I´m sorry, but two teenagers are playing world of warcraft right next to me and it´s really distracting me. I can´t even think. I´m really sorry I can´t think right now, and my time is running out. Please don´t complain because my letter is short again. I´ll try to get a letter off.
LOVE YOU ALL!
Elder Smalley

PS. Here are pictures of our zone back in Tijuana





No comments:

Post a Comment