Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Please pray for her parents

Hi there!
This week has been long, and short, I can't decide. Oh well. Well anyways we are in the semana 11 of training which is the greatest week ever (for the trainer not for the trainie) because they have to take the initiative in all the lessons and planning situations. Literally just the best thing every. My poor companion. It was kinda a rude awakening for him. I guess I haven't been delegating enough to him, so it was a rough transition. I don't know WHY I didn't do it earlier cause it was seriously such a relief for me haha!

Also I just need to say that i am tired physically. 2 or 3 weeks ago was Mexican daylight savings only it makes no sense how they do it here. We gain an hour in winter which makes no sense cause it gets dark at 5 now and when we wake up at it's completely bright. I seriously don't get it but whatever. I am tired because my body has still not adjusted to the time difference. How am i supposed to sleep another hour in broad daylight???? I'm done now. sorry.

Well our converts are seriously just so awesome here. Yesterday in church Juan raised his hand in gospel principles [Sunday school] because he had a comment. I got super nervous cause he is still adapting from coming from another christian church and we are still working on fixing his false doctrine haha. Don't get me wrong, he has an AMAZING testimony of the restored gospel but yeah anyways so i was nervous for what he was going to say. Well his comment was about the importance of coming to church EVERY WEEK to partake of the sacrament. I was seriously on the verge of tears. It was just so beautiful. If there is one thing I want every convert to understand it's that. So Juan gets a giant golden star this week. 

The converts in this ward are just so great. The bishop always tells me that they are the ward's strongest members. I think it's true! Frida is constantly struggling to have her parents let her come to church but she has been able to come every week so far. Literally every week it's a miracle. She went to the temple for her 2nd time, but she went to Hermosillo cause she didn't want to wait for the next trip to San Diego :) Please pray for her parents, that they will let her keep coming to church! Also we had an appointment fall through this week so I called up Camilo to see if we could stop by. He said that he was busy trying to help his daughter finish her homework (it was Saturday night) so they wouldn't have to doing it on the Sabbath day. I know I ask this all the time but WHAT ARE THEY BETTER THAN ME???


Also I've learned a great lesson about not procrastinating updating the area book. The lesson is simple-don't procrastinate it! haha I've had to do some serious catch up this week cause I might get transfered this week- but hey! who knows. I was absolutely positive I was going to get transfered 3 months ago and look what happened haha. The bishop says he's considering giving me a calling. 7 months....wow.
LOVE YOU ALL TAKE CARE
Elder Smalley

No comments:

Post a Comment