Sunday, November 16, 2014

I believed him: my first mistake!


November 10, 2014
Hola Hola!
Oh my goodness. I am really in denile. I feel like time just ticks away so fast. The Elders that had a year when I got here are getting ready to go home! This is ridiculous.

Well I'm going to start with the good stuff today! I was pleasantly surprised by a lot of people! Wednesday morning, I went to CHOIR PRACTICE!!! They are doing a Christmas choir of missionaries and Elder Lier told them that I sing (sang) and they invited me! It was so much fun to sing again!!! And it was nice to finally see Elder Lier! I miss him so much! We really had so much fun, and so much success together, after I finally got over a few things. We really didn't see the results until after he left. It was a nice break from all the DRAMA that has been going on.

I did exchanges on Wednesday, and when I came back that night, my companion told me that a family had a referral for us and they were going to meet us on Thursday at 7. I believed him: my first mistake! Well Thursday morning came and it hadn't really sunken in that I had one year, or it was my birthday. We found a family of 5 new investigators, so that was a nice present.

Also that day I got a call from the president and his wife. I was really reluctant to answer because I was almost sure that it was relating to the incident that i mentioned from the last week. But no, they called to wish me a happy birthday! Well we went to the church at 7, and the family hadn't showed up yet so we were waiting (it was a ward activity night) and the sister missionaries told everyone it was my birthday so then everybody was congratulating me and everything oh well. Well finally the family showed up, but they didn't bring a referral - they brought a CAKE! I was super confused at first!


Turns out my companion arranged the whole thing the day before. Well the bishop's family had invited us over at 8 so we were walking to the bishops house when we ran into the sisters and a few members waiting for us. they also has a cake. I was wondering what I was going to do with one cake, haha that was nice. Then us 4 missionaries went to the bishops house, and what did we find? ANOTHER CAKE. haha I really can't complain. 

The bishops wife had made us pineapple tamales as well. I was really surprised. Well here in mexico on someone's birthday there is like this really weird song you sing before you blow out the candles and then you take a bite and they push your head in. sometimes. haha well I was just really surprised.

I love this ward, even if I have been here for an eternity and a half. Everywhere i go everybody asks "you're STILL in Casa Blanca" yep, still here! We had a zone conference on Friday and that's when I got the package! Thanks so much!!!! Speaking of packages, the policy is changing in January so quick! EVERYBODY SEND ME PACKAGES BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!!!!!!!

Apart from that it's been another tough week. More problems in the district. more emergency calls to the president and the zone leaders. Just trying to keep on swimming - figuratively of course because that goes against the missionary rules. 

Love you all so much!
hmmm I can't send the pictures from this week from the computers. I'll send them through wifi tomorrow I guess.

Elder Smalley!

No comments:

Post a Comment