Monday, September 15, 2014

There, I said it! (Now Mom is going to cry)

Hola There!
Oh my goodness, time is seriously flying by. I feel like just yesterday I was with Elder Morgan and now two weeks have gone by!

Before I forget-good news! Last month we broke the zone AND mission record for baptisms which is super awesome because for years la zona Otay has been famous for being the worst zone in the mission. So I'm super glad that we have improved! So basically Juan and Blanca's kids keep on giving me grief, haha, well really just the son. Their daughter is pretty excited to get baptized. On Thursday we decided to just focus on her because he wasn't progressing anymore and then later that day we visited them and he said he wanted to get baptized. Cool. Then Sunday came and he didn't want to come to church and now he's back to not progressing. GAH! People and their agency!!! We also have another investigadora who is super excited for her baptims, and can I just say she is a mexican version of Grandma Erb? She's great!

Well this week I am just so darn grateful for the atonement. I have been forced to learn how to apply it so much, in new ways this week. I've had to learn a LOT of paciencia, mostly with myself. I have made a lot of mistakes, and it's really hard to keep my perfectionism under control. At least once every 24 hours I've had like a mini panic attack, but I can always feel the peace of the holy ghost after I calm myself down, and allow myself to. Haha don't worry, I'm fine, but if I have no hair left, please just love me anyway!

This friday we had a conferencia especial with elder Valenzuela, a counselor in the Mexico Area Presidency. He said a lot of what I needed to hear. It was good. 

The converts here just continue making me so darn HAPPY!!! Frida is through the Isaiah chapters. When I asked her how it went yesterday, she said that she loved them and got a lot of insight from them. Camilo is just a rockstar. They are reading every night as a family, and he has such a powerful testimony of the Book of Mormon. yesterday he participated in the ordination of a priest and tonight he is hosting a ward noche de hogar. WHY ARE MY CONVERTS BETTER THAN ME??? :)

Last night we ate shrimp tacos. Guys, you have no idea how much I love the food. I love this ward. I love being a missionary, I love this work. I never want to come home. There, I said it.
Well I love you guys all so much! I hope you guys are loving whatever it is you are doing!


Elder Smalley!

No comments:

Post a Comment