Wednesday, September 24, 2014

It seriously brought tears to my eyes

Hello there!

Well I heard the weather has been all over the place over there. It's been crazy here in Tijuana too. Last weekend was super hot. The worst day was definitely Tuesday. That day we had a zone meeting and in the morning they called us and told us that we didn't need to wear a suit, so that was super sweet. It was in the capilla de Lago, which is like one of the super nice capillas that has air conditioning in stead of fans, but since we're only missionaries and we don't have keys to the air conditioning we went to the salon bautimsal, which is the only room that has ceiling fans. The whole meeting, everyone was screaming over the sound of the fans and the cars passing by next to the church. Anyways it made it to 39 degrees [102 degrees Fahrenheiton Tuesday. The rest of the week has felt cold. I think it actually is starting to cool down but I'm trying not to get my hopes up.

Well Juan and Blanca's daughter, Briceyda got baptized this week! That was super great. She really has changed. First of all, she actually wanted to get baptized. That in itself is a huge miracle. But she also has a pretty great testimony. I don't even know what's going on with her brother but we'll keep trying.

We found a family! They were super great when we contacted them and they invited us over to eat. umm yeah! haha when we went with them they gave us mole made with chile de arbol, which is super spicy. Let me tell you, I've gotten pretty proud of my ability to eat peppers. Jalepenos, Habaneros you name it, but THAT was spicy stuff. By the way just so you know I have learned that there is no other way to eat a hotdog than with jalapenos. anyway that was an interesting experience.

Anyway I know I say this every week but our converts are just doing so well! They seriously are what keep me going. Yesterday, Camilo taught the lesson in Elder's quorum. He taught about laws and ordinances and the importance of obedience. It seriously brought tears to my eyes. Frida and I have a race to see who can finish the book of mormon first. We are both in Mosiah, but She's winning. I'll have to do some catching up later today. Juan and Blanca are staying strong, even though they are having a lot of difficulties financially. Briceyda's baptism has really helped them have more hope for their son. 

Hah! Yesterday when Juan found out that I wear a back-brace, he made me lie down and he did weird stretches and exercises and stuff. Umm haha! He also cracked my neck.
well I still have no idea what I'm doing as a district leader. I think like it says in Ether 12:27, the Lord has definitely shown my weaknesses unto me. I'm trying to act positively so that these weaknesses can become strong instead of just getting depressed. Moroni really got it right when he said humility is key. It's been a really big splice of pie. Now I just need to focus on correcting these things.

I love you so much, I'm glad you are having fun! take care
Elder Smalley

HUGE SHOUT-OUT TO MEGAN REMUND FOR THE MISSION CALL I AM SO DARN EXCITED FOR YOU!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment