Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Please Pray For Them

Hey there guys!

Wow this week has been a super interesting week. For a lot of reasons. First off, my new companion's name is Elder Aleman, which is hilarious because Aleman means German in Spanish so now Juan says that we are both campeones haha. He's from Cuernevaca, Morelos which I guess is close to the federal district of Mexico (Mexico city). Well I definitely am super lucky because he's pretty great. He's SUPER intelligent and he's not afraid to take initiative sometimes. He's an extremely deep sleeper, haha! We're talking like worse than Erinn, so we're working on that, but it's going pretty good! Also, he's my first companion that will go running with me in the morning so I'm super glad about that! 

It's been a rough transition for me really. I've gotten so used to having a senior companion to answer all the hard questions and stuff like that. Now I just don't have that option anymore. It's been a good learning experience. and the good thing is Elder Morgan left all his packages full of candy so the sugar has helped me cope with the stress haha!

Our week actually didn't go that bad, not as much as I thought it would. We were actually doing pretty alright until Sunday. We were waiting for a member to help us with a ride and he showed up extremely late. The investigators said they weren't going to come to church. I was super sad. Well we showed up to church, very late, and there was only one investigator. Even the people that have been coming by themselves for weeks didn't show up (even though I called them that morning). That's when I lost it, emotionally of course. I became convinced that I just wasn't good enough and I don't even know. It was just a bad time. I think it was just hunger [fast Sunday] more than anything haha. I was seriosuly about to faint! After I calmed down, I could feel the peace of the testimony meeting so that was great. 

Well Juan's kids are still causing me a lot of grief. They both didn't come to church yesterday. There son took it pretty hard when Elder Morgan left and hasn't really wanted very much. He still listenes to us but has stopped progressing. His daughter is doing better but even still - just please pray for them. Juan and his wife are still going strong!!!! 

Well I can't even remember what else happened but |i know a lot did. sorry. love you all so much!
Elder Smalley


PS. okay this is a super cool picture! At the transfer meeting I saw Elder Coutino for this first time since he left Reforma, and his trainer was there too. So here it is: 4 generations of trainers. Pretty cool, if you ask me. Also it's hilarious that the name of Elder Coutino's trainer is ELDER TALL!!! ahahaha pretty good, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment