Monday, September 1, 2014

I'm terrified!

Hello Familia!

Wow this week went by super fast! Today is transfers. I have some terrifying news. Elder Morgan went to Ensenada as a zone leader, so I'm staying here in Casa Blanca. I'm going to be the new district leader, and I'm going to be TRAINING a Latino. I'm terrified. When we got the call, I started like hyperventilating haha I thought I was going to have an asthma attack. I'm so darn scared. Well this should be an adventure. I'm super nervous but just trying to keep a positive attitude! 

Well now that that's out of the way let's see what else happened. We've visited Juan's kids every day this week. and FINALLY they both accepted to be baptized yesterday!!!! It was super bittersweet because we all knew that Elder Morgan wouldn't be there :( 

Other than that we've been having a really hard time finding investigators for a couple weeks now, so we tried something new on Saturday. Here they have what are called sobre ruedas, which were people set up tents and stuff to sell stuff in the street. It attracts a lot of people. Anyway, we set of a table of pamphlets and copies of The Book of Mormon and just started contacting the people that walked by! It was great, we made a lot of great contacts so we should have a lot more investigators this week! But i got super sunburned so my face is really red right now.

On Tuesday they cut our electricity. We never payed the bill. oops. It's back now :)

Well this Sunday was stake conference and we got a new stake president. President Hoyos (the new area Mexico president) came down and I got to meet him so that was cool! We were worried about getting investigators there but somehow it all worked out. 

Ugh something else happened this week but I can't remember what. I'm sorry, I just can't really focus very well today. OH! I remember now! CAMILO WAS ORDAINED AN ELDER YESTERDAY!!!! He is seriously doing great. All of our converts are. Frida is in 2nd Nefi and LOVING it!!!!

Love you all! Please wish me luck!!!!!
Elder Smalley!

No comments:

Post a Comment