Monday, January 20, 2014

A Roller-Coaster ... and the Duck

Hola muchachos!
If I had to say one thing about this week - its been a roller-coaster. There have been a lot of little things that have been tough. Every day I ask for comfort, and lots of it. The Lord has not given me everything I've asked for, but He sure has given me everything that i need! That is such an amazing blessing, I wish I could go deeper into that, but I don't have very much time haha!

BTW, you asked if we've had any more tangles with the duck ... actually yes. We walked by this week and he (the duck) was directly on the path. My companion wanted to go all the way around through the other side of the complex. But instead we crept by really slowly. I was terrified :)


Our progression with our investigators has also had its up and downs. Again, we made arrangements for all of them to come to church, we sent reminders and everything, but once again, only one investigator actually made it. WHY IS IT SO HARD TO GET PEOPLE TO CHURCH??? I'll keep working with that one. We were teaching a lesson to two hombres that we contacted in a store. One of them owns the store so we teach him there with his friend. While we were teaching, a man walks in, he asked a bunch of questions that I answered and I invited him to listen to the rest of the lesson. He then went on for about 30 minutes about how he was Catholic and a bunch of stuff trying to discredit Jose Smith as a prophet. That was fun haha. Even after he left, we had a good rest of the lesson. I hope so anyways. 

So last día de preparación we played volleyball and it was really fun! Tuesday was my first Zone conference. It was a huge slap in the face of things that I could work on. Walking out of that meeting I was so excited to do better, but I found out it is MUCH more easily said than done. That's what missionary work is in general! 

On Friday we had a training with the President. The Area presidents of Mexico have really stepped up the expectations. They expect each companionship to teach 40 to 60 lessons a week, not leave a members home without a referral address, 2 new contacts every day, and to baptize every week. My first thought was that it's impossible. Oh me of little faith!!! How could I forget that the Lord ALWAYS provides a way to accomplish His commandments??? So there, I KNOW its possible, now I just gotta do my part. 

Oh! and I got to see Elder Hesterman again! That was fun! I've been kinda sick this week, but all the chilies that I'm eating have really kept my immune system kicking. REALLY haha! Today we are going to play basketball as a district. I'm excited. Well take care and know that I love you guys. Like a lot!

Con muchisimo amor,
Elder Smalley



No comments:

Post a Comment