Monday, January 13, 2014

Teaching is Growing ... Like my apartment?

Hola mi familia amada!

This week has been a lot better! Not nearly as many appointments have fallen through, and we have 14 new investigators this week,  yeah! (Granted we received a referral for a family of 9....haha, but we taught them L1 last night and it went really well!)

I've been studying the Isaiah chapters this week. Is it just me, or are they all about missionary work??? So how do you like my apartment ... well at least the front of it from the street?

We have taught a lot more lessons (a lot for us, a little compared to any other companionship) and they have been some pretty powerful lessons! It feels so good to recognize the spirit again! I think all the fear and anxiety I was having was driving it away. In one lesson we introduced the Book of Mormon. We read with her Moroni's promise and I'll never forget her reaction. She said they were the most beautiful words she'd ever read. She explained how she felt. It was perfect! We were then able to explain to her that it was the Holy Ghost. Gah! It was just awesome!

We just had stake conference. It was a broadcast from Salt Lake. A president of the 70 spoke, also Elder Christopherson, and Elder Hales spoke too. Who knew Elder Christopherson could speak such good SpanishI was really excited to invite our investigators, since we teach about the restoration of Prophets and Apostles. We arranged rides and everything for the 4 investigators we had at that point, to come to the conference. But only 1 came, darn. It's really a bummer because the president just changed the rules. Now investigators have to come to church 5 times before they can be baptized. So basically all our baptismal dates fell this week. darn.

On a better note, our ward has resolved to do a better job at working with the missionaries, and it's really been amazing! Everyone is getting excited about it and has really been helpful. Well, everyone except our ward mission leader, but i won't get into that....

So my trainer always makes me talk at least 50% of the lesson. Most trainers don't do that, but I'm glad he's been pushing me. I haven't struggled with that, I just need to develop my teaching skills. I've noticed however, that speaking gets so much easier when the spirit is there. hmm... :)

I just gotta say, I LOVE MEXICAN FOOD! I am in heaven! I really am! Even though it's super spicy. 
McKay would be proud. I LOVE spicy food now! I don't know why I hated it before. basically, the more salsa, the better! Every time I eat I just think to myself, Dad would be so jealous! haha


Well my district is going to play VOLLEYBALL today - yeah! Can't wait. So my companion hasn't worn shorts since he was 12 ... I know! But I am letting him borrow some, and he's super excited about it. Love you guys!
Con mucho Amor!
Elder Smalley




No comments:

Post a Comment