Wednesday, October 21, 2015

See yall in a week!

October 19,2015
Hey there family!

so on Monday we visited Cristina and her family. She talked about how happy she was and how good she felt. We invited her family to get baptized again. Delia said that she still wasn't ready and then turned to look at her other daughter Karla. Karla doesn't say very much and is kinda shy. Delia said that she didn't think Karla wanted to either but Karla just looks up and said "ya me quierobautizar" WHAT! We were all a little bit surprised. She said that she felt that it was something she should do. For the first time, she agreed to pray in front of us! What an amazing experience!

Tuesday nothing really happened. Wednesday GRACIELA GOT MARRIED!!! Thursday we did both interviews and I almost killed Elder Huie because I got lost in sauzal at night and I had no idea where we were and then I realized that we were in a cemetery. oops! Friday was the baptism and everything went well. A really great service! We stayed the night in the zone leaders house.

Saturday, oh my goodness, we woke up at 4 to get ready. At 6 the bus was supposed to pass by the stake center. It finally got there at 7. Then the driver took us to the wrong part of Tijuana. Literally everything that could have gone wrong went wrong. We finally showed up. We walked in literally seconds before Elder Holland walked in. 

Speaking of, ELDER HOLLAND IS AMAZING! It was amazing! He is seriously the funniest person! He came down off the pulpit and said "I'm gonna talk down here so I can be with you...and scare the living daylights out of you!" as he grasped the face and neck of a sister in the front row. haha! 

He started talking about how much he loved his mission and how much he always talked about it. Then, in his voice of thunder that only Elder Holland has, shouted "I want you to talk about your mission for the rest of your life"! he went on saying that he goes absolutely ballistic when he hears of returned missionaries that go inactive. He said that on a mission  there are lots of variables that affect how many converts we have, but we need to come home with at least one: ourselves. It was unreal. I actually got to hear his voice! My prayers were answered perfectly with what he said. I loved every single minute! 

On the way back to Ensenada, Elder Hesterman and I talked about all the good times we had in the MTC and things that exist in the US that we had forgotten about, like dishwashers and chick-fil-a.


I cannot even believe that this is the last email. It makes me sad to think that such an amzing part of my life (the greatest part of my life) is shortly going to be over. I truely love this work! it has been a great blessing!

see yall in a week!

mucho amor, Elder Smalley!

No comments:

Post a Comment