Sunday, October 18, 2015

I really tried to change that, and not complain

Oct 5, 2015
Hello Familia!

This had to have been the fastest week of my life! So many just amazing things have happened. Where to even start.

So we have the greatest investigators ever, but one of them is Graciela. She has wanted to get baptized for so long and it looks like she is finally going to be able to get married this week! I wish I could tell you just how many small miracles we have seen on the way! Also This week Cristina is getting baptized. She is Delia's daughter. We were a little worried about her because she still seemed a little unsure.
Well zone leaders asked us to participate in a fast of all the missionaries in Ensenada for our investigators. But here's the thing, I really have not been able to see the blessings of fasting because I will do it, but I just complain about how hungry I am the whole time. Well this week I really tried to change that, and not complain. What a drastic difference! I felt the spirit so strongly during those 24 hours! But the fast was during a ward activity and there was LOTS of food haha. At the activity, we talked with Cristina and she said she had come to know for herself that the Book of Mormon was true and that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God and that she really wanted to get baptized!!
When we went to visit them yesterday her mom started explaining that she wanted to get baptized in the last church they went to and she wouldn't let her. My heart sunk. But then she said that if she wanted to get baptized, she would allow it! I know that Cristina's example will bless that whole family! They LOVED conference, and Cristina and her Sister Karla go to seminary every morning!

Friday was my last zone conference. It was super spiritual. The two other Elders that were there from my generation were Elder Hesterman and Elder Cerhde. It was super special because us three were in the same zone conference when we first arrived and shared our testimonies and now we are going to finish together!

Oh my goodness conference was amazing! i wrote a very specific question down before conference started, and it was just like every single person got up and gave their talk just to answer Elder Smalley's question specifically! The spirit was just so strong! I am so grateful for their inspired words! I just felt so much peace and i felt the calm assurance that Heavenly Father has given we everything I need to keep moving forward! I just really love this! I love this sweet work!

Well I hope you all have an amazing week! Take care! Love you all!

Elder Smalley!

p.s. Mom I was amused with your story about cold showers [while the hot water heater was being replace]. Haha, I don't think you would appreciate living in Mexico.


No comments:

Post a Comment