Monday, July 20, 2015

She has just developed a habit of saying no

Hello Familia!

This week has been really hot! and it just rained so it's really humid. It was 32 degrees [Celsius] and raining! yikes.

Well this week was mas o menos. It kinda just flew by too fast for me. I don't even know why it seemed to go by so fast. Anyway, we weren't really able to come close to reaching our goals, so that was disappointing

Yesterday in church, I just felt the greatest peace come over me even though the week was kinda tough. I am so grateful for the powerful blessing of an effective Sabbath day observance! The AreaPresidency of Mexico has asked us to teach the doctrine of the Sabbath day to the families in the ward, because they are worried that we are getting a little bit too relaxed with it.

Anyway, Elva is doing alright for her July 30th baptism, but we still have some work to go. I think that over the years, she has just developed a habit of saying no to everything the missionaries inviteher to do - haha. Her daughter opened her mission call on Monday, she is going to Mexico City! I think that has helped a lot. We have kinda lost contact with Luis. I'm kinda worried about it. He was so excited to meet with us the first couple of weeks and I don't really know what happened... anyway like i said this week has gone by really fast.

So reading Hermana Smalley's emails had made me remember how I felt when I first got to Mexico! You all really just don't even understand the struggle it is to find good milk outside of the USA haha...

Love you all!
Elder Smalley

No comments:

Post a Comment