Tuesday, July 14, 2015

I didn't want to let these distracciones keep me away

July 6, 2015
Hello family!

Thank you, thank you, thank you for all your responses! It is so glad to hear that you all still exist! Haha, sorry for being sarcastic. I haven't read them all yet but I wanted to make sure that i had time to write this week. Well it sure has been a fantastic week, a very long one, but quite fantastic. I don't know where to even begin.

I was thinking alot abut what Mom sent me last week, that we were are faithful and obedient in the preexistecia so why not now? I was thinking a lot about that, and why it is so hard. Well there is
obviously a difference between back then and now. We have a physical body. Having a body means new trials and temptations, such as sickness or tiredness. It made me think of that talk from Sister Dalton when she said that all the temptations we have have to do with the body, or something like that. I really hope that i am not going into false doctrine here or anything but it sure was an interesting point for me to think about. I read my patriarchal blessing and was able to be remembered of certain goals that I have, and realized that I didn't want to let these distracciones keep me away from the things that The Lord needs me to achieve. It really was impactante.

Well I also had a huge realization this week. I decided that i need to start working in faith. Perhaps I need to put a little more trust in Gods miracles and trust that he will help me achieve my goals. That it is actually possible. So I am working on it. This week we had 2 new families in church and they both seem really promising! It is just nice to remember that what I do next to nothing, it is GOD that
touches the lives of these people, that prepares them to accept the gospel. I feel like I have finally been able to attack the problem at the root of the source!

Well I am out of time again. Darn.

Love you all! Please send me letters. Today we went to the mission
offices and I got a whole buch of letters from Grampa Erb, and no one
else! They do get here!

MUCHO AMOR,
Elder Smalley

SO EXCITED FOR YOU HERMANA SMALLEY

......and for Sister Campbell, my count is 15 transfers, 4 areas, and
7 compañeros

No comments:

Post a Comment