Sunday, June 28, 2015

He is full of real charity for everyone

June 22, 2015
HEY THERE!


Okay I understand that I have to make up for last week so I will try to tell you everything that happened but then I realized that I can't even remember what I did the whole week except sweat a whole lot haha. It has finally started to get hot.


Well last week was stake conference and President Garcia came and gave the funniest talk ever! He told a bunch of stories about all the bad things that have happened to missionaries while tracting and then exhorted the members to give more referrals. haha pretty nice tactic if you ask me. Also that weekend the x Elder George came back to TJ with his family and it was way fun to see him again! His sister just got her call and said that she knew Erinn because they were in the same missionary prep class.

Camilo officially has one year baptized!!! Can you believe it? I can't! That day I was on exchanges with Elder Morgan and we had a really fun time. Well the work is still going a little slow here but yesterday we had a new family of 4 in church so that was good! I just really don't know how to help the ward. I want it to be like the Short Hills ward, where it was a WARD effort and not just a MISSIONARY effort. I have fond memories of playing with investigators kids, having investigators taught in our home, and just the members being involved with the process. I will keep trying with them.

Oh, today are transfers, but we are staying the same again! I am seriously grateful for my companion.

He is full of real charity for everyone, something that I am not. We met this man named Pedro this week who has serious drinking problem. While we were teaching him he just leaned to the side and started throwing up in front of us. I thought it was absolutely disgusting and maybe even a little funny. I looked over at Elder Hadley to see his face of genuine concern for this man. That is just one of the many ways that he is teaching me.

Happy Fathers Day dad!

Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment