Monday, August 25, 2014

It's all okay, you know why?

August 18, 2014
Hey there fam! 

How's it going? I'm really sorry about last week. My computer froze for the majority of the time and we only have 1 hour to use the computer. Really frustrating. I finally just tried sending an email without any picture. Not sure if the picture made it. I'll send it again this week.

These last few weeks I have really come to understand a little bit better how Heavenly Father puts people in our path. There were so many instances of that these past couple weeks. I have really learned to ask myself "why am I here", because there have been so many times where we are looking for a direction (address) that doesn't exist, or nobody's home and "BOOM!", we find someone to teach. It's been really cool. 

I've really noticed that because this week has been tough in several ways. first of all, IT IS EXTREMELY HOT AND HUMID. I am just always sweating. I'm not sure what really happened, and I don't really know what we did wrong, but we did not come even close to reaching our goals. oh well! 

It's all okay you know why? Cause FRIDA WENT TO THE TEMPLE! she went to the San Diego temple and did baptisms! she said she really liked it. The bishop asked her to share her testimony in sacrament meeting and she did it! that in itself was a huge miracle because she's super shy, but the spirit was SO STRONG! I tell ya, sometimes I think that the converts have a stronger testimony than I do because they are all just so great!

Well this week we planned an open house in our church, a time for people to come in and get to know the church, and the organizations. on Thursday, we went with the youth and handed out invitations to people on the street. Each organization got their own room in the church to decorate and prepare a brief presentation. it looked awesome! Unfortunately, we didn't quite get the turnout that we expected but I'm super proud of the ward because they did their part. At least we got them working!

So yesterday we had a cool miracle. We went to go get a family and walk to them to church. Well we were running late. I didn't think we were going to get there on time when suddenly, a taxi driver that Elder Morgan and I had contacted the week before pulled over and gave us a ride because he was going to church too!!!! that was so darn cool!

Well that's all i got! love you all have a great week!
Elder Smalley
p.s. happy birthday grampa! I would try to send you a letter but I have no idea where in the world you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment