Monday, August 25, 2014

2 for the price of 1 - "Cheezy bread"

August 11, 2014
Hey there! I´m sorry I don´t have very much time today. my computer froze and now I have like 2 minutes.

I´ll try to be quick. We had a double baptism with the Hermanas! It was super awesome. After receiving a blessing, our investigator went from drinking 10 cups of coffee a day to zero. I still think that is awesome. The priesthood is REAL! He really has a great testimony of that,and the rest of the restored gospel. yesterday he asked us to give school blessings to his kids. Hopefully they will get baptized here in a couple weeks!

Really funny storyj: On Wednesday night I ordered pizza. We were feeling some cheezy bread, so I ordered "pan con queso" the guy on the other line said corrected me saying that it was called "cheesy bread" only with a Mexican accent. hahahaha we almost died laughing. I don´t think he realized he was talking to a NATIVE ENGLISH SPEAKER. Yeah, don´t teach me my own language please. haha it´s an inside joke between us now. Cheesy bread haha so funny! This week has been great and really, wish I could tell you more about it but I guess not. I need to go.

LOVE YOU ALL
Elder Smalley
p.s.mom I need a new journal


August 4, 2014
Wow you guys, 
I am just sitting here typing and sweating like crazy. Well this week might just be a quick one, because I don't even know what happened. We have just received a lot of blessings. A lot of people have been put in our path this week and it has been real fun! Okay I'll just skip to the best day. Sunday. Our most recent convert, who is very very timid, got up and bore her testimony yesterday! It was so powerful! even though she was really nervous. But it gets even better because she told us after that she invited her mom to listen to us. Her family has really not wanted very much to do with us, so it has been a super huge blessing!!!
Sorry this is really short. I'm out of time.

Love you! 
Elder Smalley!

No comments:

Post a Comment