Tuesday, May 6, 2014

The First Quarter Is In The Books

Hola family.
Happy cinco de Mayo. That means nothing here, because it isn't celebrated in Mexico, only in the USA. I wouldn't have even remembered except I just read mom's email. 

OH MY GOODNESS TOMORROW I AM GOING TO HAVE 6 MONTHS!!!! this cannot be! how? I can't even handle this landmark. Acabo de llegar. Se ha ido bien rápido el tiempo.

Well adjusting to a brand new area has been a weird transition. I feel like I have been tacken away from my home all over again. I miss that ward so much! But casa blanca esta suave (is cool). It was the area of Elder Hesterman (MTC companion) right before I arrived. He had a lot of success there, and there are a TON of recent converts, but things have slowed down recently. We really need to focus on finding people. This sunday I asked for the lista de acción from the ward, so hopefully that's a good place to start. There is also a bishop! but not a ward mission leader. I asked the bishop to at least make a temporary assignment, and he seemed to like that idea.

Haha oh on tuesday, my 2nd day here, they cut the power. My companion served in Ensenada, and they pay the bills differently there and Elder Hesterman didn't know how to pay the electric either, so they just didn't haha. We finally got power on friday. haha funny story.

THIS WEEK HAS BEEN EXTREMELY HOT. that's all. Sorry it's another short one. The pictures are from last week! Take care and I love you all so much!
Elder Smalley



No comments:

Post a Comment